CPF Workshop - Thursday, December 11th
Join Shane Swerdlow, Associate at Chattel, Inc. as he discusses the Mills Act at a special, day-long workshop on historic preservation financial incentives presented by the California Preservation Foundation at Pasadena’s historic Castle Green.
The Mills Act Program is California’s leading financial incentive for historic preservation, providing potential property tax reduction to owners of qualified historic buildings. Owners must commit to a substantial scope of rehabilitation, restoration, and maintenance work described in a Mills Act Contract that is executed with a local city or county government.
The workshop will also focus on Federal Historic Preservation Tax Incentives, easements, and a variety of grant programs.
Other speakers include:
- Kevin Sanada, National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Tara Hamacher, Founder and President, Historic Consultants, Inc.
- Diana Letsinger, Partner, Novogradac & Company LLP
- William Huang, Director of Housing, City of Pasadena
- Jesse Lattig, Preservation Director, Pasadena Heritage
- Shane Swerdlow, Associate, Chattel, Inc.
- Kevin Johnson, City of Pasadena, Planning & Community Development Department
- Patricia Johnson-Conner, Los Angeles County, Office of the Assessor
- Charles Loveman, Executive Director, Heritage Housing Partners
- Christopher Smith, Architectural Resources Group
- John LoCascio, Senior Architect, AIA, Historic Resources Group